INTERGIS Environmental Management
INTERGIS strives to maintain values of environmental preservation and prevent global warming and promoting sustainable business by actively responding to climatic change.
Environmental Management Policies
INTERGIS Co., Ltd, as the best total solution logistics company, fulfills social responsibility and leads the way in the realization of green logistics by conforming to and continuously improving various measures to preserve the environment.
Policies 1. Follow environmental regulations and implement internal control activities.
- Policies 1.1Follow environment-related requirements from customers, legislation, and regulations.
- Policies 1.2Standardize work satisfying requirements and establish a process.
- Policies 1.3Control and reduce exhaust gases including greenhouse gases.
Policies 2. Consistently improve measures to preserve the environment.
- Policies 2.1Establish strategies to preserve the environment and carry out tasks.
- Policies 2.2Consider the environment in all facilities and their operation.
- Policies 2.3Inspire environmental awareness through education and training.
Policies 3. Realize social responsibility of environmental preservation and furthermore, participate in activities of the local community to preserve the environment.
Environmental Management Certificate
ISO 14001: 2015
Environmental Management Process
- Establish strategies to promote environmental management throughout the company.
- Verify matters to be observed legally.
- 2Implementation, Operation
- Systematize practice of environmental management.
- Clarify responsibilities and rights
- Implement education and training regarding environmental management.
- Facilitate internal/external communications.
- 3Inspection, Action
- Measure and monitor performance.
- Correct inconsistencies and take preventive action.
- Manage records and conduct internal evaluations.
- 4Management Review
- Evaluate and report the results of environmental management
- Draw up additional improvement plans.
5 Principles of Environmental Management
- Consistent Improvement
- Establish detailed goals and improve implementation of environmental management through consistent education.
- Compliance with Regulations
- Follow domestic and overseas environment-related regulations and agreements and implement these through strict external standards.
- Transparent Management
- All executives and staffs will participate in environmental management actively and realize transparent environmental management by disclosing policies and results of environmental management to the persons concerned.
- Elimination of Wastes
- Implement social responsibilities by preventing in advance the occurrence of pollutants generated across all management activities and minimizing unnecessary use of resources.
- Perform a leading role through transparent internal and external communication regarding environmental management so that executives and staff and the persons concerned including customers can participate together.
Cases of Environmental Management
Installation of AMP(Alternative Maritime Power) at Busan Port Pier 7
AMP is installed to supply the electricity necessary when operating port stevedoring cranes. AMP reduces discharge of air pollutants including CO2, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, etc. and contribute to environmental improvement by using electricity instead of oil.
Installation of Natural Lighting Facilities at Ungdong Logistics Center
People can work without lighting in the daytime and contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and energy-saving by installing windows on the roof.
Eco-friendly Operation of Gyeongin Port Piers
By switching transport of cargos by land to coastal transport by sea, it contributes to the reduction of CO2 emissions, and promotes green logistics and green growth.
Installation of Environmental Pollution Preventing Facilities at Incheon North Port Pier
Dust-proof screens are installed to reinforce management of dust scattering and power of H/C (harbor crane) and LLC (level luffing crane) is provided through electricity.